GROVELAND POLICE DEPARTMENT
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Groveland Police Department is filling the position of part-time dispatcher. The duties and responsibilities are copied from the department’s policy and procedures manual and pasted below:
- Communications is the lifeline between the public and the need for emergency assistance. It also ensures that on-duty police officers have the means for constant radio communications and informational data. It is of the utmost importance that qualified personnel are on-duty in the Communications Centers at all times. Should a breakdown of coverage occur, the lives and well- being of the public as well as responding emergency personnel could be jeopardized.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer all incoming telephone calls in a timely, calm and civil manner and relay the the information to the appropriate person or agency.
- Immediately relay all emergency and service calls to the patrol officers on duty.
- Be familiar with the emergency procedures in order to dispatch the proper agencies.
- Keep all personnel dispatched to a call fully informed of any new information received relating to that call and respond to any requests made by the officer on the scene.
- Acquire a sufficient knowledge of the streets, businesses and other significant areas in the town in order to dispatch calls accurately.
- Have a complete knowledge of all communication equipment such as the CJIS in-house computers the 911 system office equipment and the telephone equipment.
- Report any malfunction or defect in the communications equipment to the Officer In-Charge.
- Use the watch tour monitor when there is a prisoner in a cell and monitor the prisoner on the surveillance cameras as well as all surveillance cameras monitored in the dispatch area.
- Be certified in CPR.
- Follow all departmental policies and procedures and follow all directives and orders from the Chief of Police or his/her designee.
- High School Diploma
- Current or able to obtain within three months all State 911 certificates and required training.
SHIFT SCHEDULE: Nights, Weekends, and Holidays as needed.
Hourly Compensation- $21.29 Hour
Please send a letter of intent and resume to email@example.com.
No individual shall be denied any rights guaranteed pursuant to local, state and/or federal law on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability. The Groveland Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.